Animal Control

Reporting Lost or Found Animals

You may report lost of found pets to the Glen Carbon Police Department. Please be prepared to provide the following:

  • Description of animal, temperament, name, collar, tags, or micro chipped
  • Call back phone number, cell number, and address
  • Where the animal was lost or located. If you found a pet outside of Glen Carbon, please contact the police department in the city where the animal was found. Local agencies know local pets and are more likely to get them home.

Wildlife Trapping and Removal

The Glen Carbon Police Department no longer traps or handles wild animals on or around private property. If you have a problem with wildlife on or around your property, you should contact a wildlife or pest control company. Below, is a local list provided by Madison County Rabies Control.

Critter Control – 618-655-9570
Frontier Wildlife Control – 795-6046
Metro-East Wildlife Control – 488-7409
R & M Wildlife Control – 692-0614

If you find a wild animal that is injured or diseased and in need of destruction, monitor the animal from a safe distance and please contact the non-emergency line for the Glen Carbon Police Department at 288-7226.

Annual Drive-Thru Rabies Clinic

The 2017 Rabies Clinic is over, but check back with us next Spring! 

The clinic provides pet owners an opportunity to keep their pets immunized, in a manner that is a positive experience, convenient, and cost effective. Any questions about the Rabies Clinic can be referred to Coleen Schaller at or 288-2627.